Since I started this blog–a complete newbie to this e-publishing game–I’ve been looking for resources. Sometimes it’s a web site I found through Google, sometimes a website completely unrelated to writing that happened to have a relevant article. More often than not, now that I’m starting to build a network of fellow indie authors, it’s a link that was shared by someone I follow on Twitter.
But they’re all good resources, so I thought I’d start sharing. I’ll tweet link occasionally as well, but I wanted a place where I could keep these resources organized and easy to find. This list will be updated regularly–and of course, if you have a link to share, send it my way! I hope you find them as helpful as I have!
The Writing Process
- 5 Ways to Create Three-Dimensional Characters by Writer’s Relief
- 9 Easily Preventable Mistakes Writes Make With Dialog by Joanna Penn.
- 7 Deadly Sins of Worldbuilding by io9
- How to Edit your Book in 4 Steps by Writer’s Digest
- Editing Services by Yesenia Vargas
- The Six (Minimum) Steps to Revising Your Manuscript by Wise Ink
- 5 e-book Selling Secrets Every Author Should Know, at Publish Your Own Ebooks.com.
- 7 Ways to Grow Your Readership
- How to Start a Blog, by Gary Dek
- 35 Way to Engage Your Audience Early from Wise Ink.
- How to Get Reviews from Self Publishing Advice.
- The Writer’s Guide to Twitter by Inkygirl
- Four Quick Marketing Methods by Ryan Casey
- An Indie Writer’s Biggest Asset–eMailing List by 30 Day Books
- Ebook Formatting the Easy Way by Cameron Chapman
- Take Pride in your eBook Formatting by Guido Henkel
- Creating ePub eBooks with Sigil–a Tutorial by Piotr Kowalczyk on Password Incorrect
- Top 8 Cover Design Tips by J F Bookman
- 8 Resources for Cover Design by Blurberati
- Cover Design Primer by J.M. Ney-Grimm
If you have any links you’d like to see added, send me an email at email@example.com, and I’ll take a look! (Spam or self-promotional links will be ignored–this is a collection of resources, not advertising).